Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cool Cottons and Button Emporium & Ribbonry

In my previous posts I said that my girlfriends and I went to Portland for shopping. We 'did' some of the usualy stores (Nordstrom Rack, Macy's, Nordstrom) but we also wanted to check out quilting and fibre spots. 

First was Cool Cottons in the Hawthorne District. The shop is in a re-purposed house; there are several 'rooms' with fabrics, sorted by colours. We all had a great time here. I found fun 'bicycle' fabric and then a couple of coordinates at the APWQ show. Wonder what I'll make with these??  Stay tuned - I DO have a plan!

Another wonderful store is the Button Emporium & Ribbonry on Taylor Street. Who can resist rolls and rolls of ribbons and antique braids and trims. They carry excellent books to give you ideas and all sorts of buttons.  I bought a few ribbons to add to my 'ribbon box'. My 'button box' is already overflowing!

No comments: