Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Victoria Guild Meeting

Last night at our Victoria Quilters' Guild Meeting 2 members showed quilts they made from my designs. First is Lois T's quilt from my Desert Nights pattern in my book Fat Quarter Frenzy Two. Lois says she has a HUGE stash of batik fabrics. She chose excellent values for her quilt.

Then Carolyn A showed the Flower Fairies quilt she made for her granddaughter. Carolyn took my Stained Glass class at Calico Cupboard earlier this year. She used the pattern from my other book Simple Stained Glass Quilts. She added hundreds of sparkling beads to the fairies wings - unfortunately they don't show up in the photo but her quilt was just dazzling under the lights on the stage. I think Madeleine will love her quilt.

Thank you to Sheila F. who took the pictures for me. Must remember to take my camera next time!

After the 'Show & Share' portion of the meeting, we had guest speaker, Inge Hueber from Germany. She told us about her quilts and her journeys and showed slides of her exceptional quilts. Her work with colour is extraordinary!

No comments: