Thursday, January 7, 2010

Upcoming Patterns - Sneak Preview

Northcott has some lovely new fabrics coming to shops in the next few months and I have designed patterns using several of them.

Coquette is designed by Carina Gardner. The fabrics are bright and fresh and remind me of the Art Nouveau style. I used the Earth and Sky colourway - just couldn't resist that bright fresh green! My pattern is called Garden Pathways. The quilt is 73 1/2" x 92 1/2" and it is easy to make with strip piecing. The fabric will be available in June 2010.

Mark Lipinski's latest line is for children! Good Morning Sunshine will be in stores in May 2010 and it's a great line for anyone with a new addition to the family. There is a girls colourway and a boys colourway. My pattern Get Up and Go uses the boys fabric but it is easy to substitute the girls colours. My pattern will show both choices. This is a perfect baby quilt for first-time quilters. The piecing is easy and the quilt is a good size for learning about quilting (42 1/2" x 58 1/2").



Stonehenge has been a wildly popular line. I have used it for two Give & Take Applique patterns (Splashed! Stonehenge and Stonehenge Maze). The latest introduction is Celestial Metallic and I have designed another Give & Take pattern with this one. Winter Magic has snowflakes sprinkled throughout the quilt. It is a wall size design (39" x 42 1/2"). This fabric will be in stores in April 2010.

All these patterns will be available on my website in a couple of months. If you would like to be notified when they are available, just drop me an email (agreig@patchworkstudio.com).

No comments: