Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All About Machine Quilting

There is a great new book all about  using thread on the surface of your quilts. It is written by my friend Sarah Ann Smith. You'll learn everything you need to know about thread, from how it is made to what will make your life easier, and your quilting better! You'll learn how needles, tension, your workspace, sewing machine, stabilizers, and other tools all help you in using all those wonderful threads now available. And there are fun projects, from a quick and easy needle-keeper to decorative-stitch leaf appliques, free-motion quilting with fancy-fiddly threads, and a leaf-printed table-runner.


I teach a LOT of machine quilting classes and I will be recommending Sarah's book to all my students. But, if you're not one of my students you can still buy the book!  It's available on my store website: Patchworks Studio.

No comments: