Friday, October 9, 2009

Want to be Notified when I Blog?

There is an easy way to follow blogs if there isn't an RSS feed (or it won't work). If you follow the steps below you'll be notified when I add an entry. This will remind you to check for my postings from Houston. Ami Simms posted this info on the Find A Quilt Teacher blog (www.findaquiltteacher.com)

Here's what you do:

1. Go to the blog you want to follow. Copy the URL (control + C if you are using a PC).

2. Go to FeedMyInbox.com and paste the URL (control + P) into the spot that says, conveniently, “Enter a website URL.”

3. Type in your email address. Submit.

4. Open the email FeedMyInbox.com send you and confirm by clicking the link provided.

Works beautifully and you now don't need to try to remember to check someone's blog.

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Sorry but I find google.com/reader much much easier to follow blogs. I never have to check .... it automatically populates. JMO

Janet Rothwell said...

Thanks for this! I've put several blogs I follow (including yours) on it & it is great to be able to receive them in my in-box.