Monday, March 23, 2009

Recent Teaching

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks. I went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on March 11 for the Gulf States Quilting Association Seminar. I taught four classes; three were projects from my book Fat Quarter Frenzy Two (Strip Doodles, Tropical Punch and Desert Nights) and the fourth class was Too Easy Stained Glass using the fun technique from my latest book Simple Stained Glass Quilts.


Here is the classroom and students creating their blocks for Tropical Punch.


And a group picture with example blocks.















And three of the students from my stained glass class.









I shared accommodation with Judy Simmons who I had not met before.

Judy is an exceptional fibre artist from Asheville, North Carolina. We had lots of laughs - especially when we were caught in the rain one evening and Judy donned this 'hat' from Barnes & Noble book store! She ended up not needing it because Liz (who we didn't know!) offered to drive us (and Wendy Butler Berns and Frieda Anderson) back to the hotel from the store. Now THAT's Southern Hospitality!
I had a great time at Seminar and hope to go back again in the future.


No comments: