Monday, September 22, 2008

Latest Articles

I've had two patterns published in magazines in the last few weeks. Both quilts were made when Susan and I were creating the projects for our most recent book Fat Quarter Frenzy Two.

First is 'On the Road to School', a 70" square bed quilt that includes a traditional schoolhouse block, road blocks and arrow blocks. I used a variety of fall colours for my quilt since September always means 'back to school for me'. You'll find the pattern in Quilter's World, October 2008. You can subscribe to Quilter's World here.




The second pattern is in a special publication from McCall's Quilting - America Makes Fast Quilts. Rambling Rows is a lap-size quilt with rows of pieced blocks and appliqued flowers, vines and leaves. The rows are made using a selection of fat quarters, many bought in Houston at Quilt Market. You can order the magazine from McCall's Quilting or check your local quilt shop for copies. I really love the way the quilt was 'styled' for the magazine - and isn't that puppy just ADORABLE! She's not mine but my friend has one just like her.

No comments: