Paper piecing, foundation piecing, sew and flip, whatever you call this method, using it you will give you perfect blocks and no more chopped off points!
During this workshop, I will show you how to create your foundations, select and prepare your fabrics and how to sew perfect blocks every time. Even traditional blocks can be pieced this way; it is not just for small blocks or unusual blocks with sharp points.
This 4-session workshop starts on July 25. You will have access to one lesson each week and our classroom remains open until September 8. You will have access to the 'Classroom Forum' to ask questions and share your results. I can't wait to meet you and share my tips for success.
In this class, you will learn how to
- download a foundation piecing design from the Internet
- choose a foundation material
- set up your machine for foundation piecing
- foundation piece a cabin block
- use Add-a-Quarter™ rulers when foundation piecing
- make multiples of a foundation
- pre-cut shapes to speed up foundation piecing
- foundation piece nine different blocks including multi-part blocks
- foundation piece strips of Flying Geese for borders
- chain sew when foundation piecing (and why you would want to)
- add an inner border and outer foundation pieced border
- finish your wall hanging
You can make the layout as shown in the class sample or rearrange the blocks to create a sampler or a completely different scene. This is a paper piecing starter class, suitable for beginners with basic quilt making skills.